Mid of June 2014, S.Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water recognized the talents of highly skilled young chefs at the 14th Annual S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup, a one-of-a-kind culinary competition and regatta held in Venice, Italy. The contestants competed in a series of exciting challenges and events, judged by a panel of acclaimed chefs and industry experts. At the culmination of the weekend, four coveted awards were presented to the 2014 Cooking Cup winners, including:
“S.Pellegrino is committed to supporting and celebrating both emerging and established culinary talent,” said Karen Ress, Vice President and General Manager, S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna. “The
annual Cooking Cup competition provides a thrilling opportunity for on-the-rise culinary stars to showcase their skills in a truly unique way and to engage with some of the most acclaimed chefs
and industry experts in the world.”
The S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup is a global culinary event that consists of various challenges throughout one exciting weekend. Ten young chefs, each representing a different country, took part in all the stages of the competition. This year, the U.S. was represented by Chef Tim Maslow of ribelle in Brookline, MA.
“The last two days have been an exciting challenge for me,” said Chef Tim Maslow. “Getting to cook alongside nine other great chefs from around the world was a unique experience, and I’m happy
S.Pellegrino invited me to be a part of it.”
For an insider’s glimpse into the 2014 S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup, through the eyes of Chef Maslow, visit http://bit.ly/SNCrKZ or follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram: #SPCookingCup.
Chef Maslow prepared two dishes throughout the competition, presented at the Acqua Panna & S.Pellegrino Young Chef of the Year Dinner on the eve of the regatta, and the following day during the S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup regatta. On Friday night, he prepared a dish that first debuted on ribelle’s menu just three weeks after opening: roasted carrots with hazelnuts, buckthorn berry jam, and mustard seeds. On Saturday, he created a Chilled Hot and Sour Broth (dried ham, dried mackerel, shiitake mushroom, konbu, and spices) with Shellfish (razor clams and scampi) and Spring Vegetables (favas, peas, radishes, fennel, cucumber, and tomato).
The 2014 competing chefs were as follows:
1. Australia: Jacob Davey, est.
2. Belgium: Thomas Troupin, La Menuiserie à Champagne
3. Canada: Danny Smiles, Le Bremner
4. Germany: Kirill Kinfelt, TrüffelSchwein
5. Israel: Ahmad Salameh, King David hotel
6. Italy: Luciano Monosilio, Pipero al Rex
7. Korea: Kim Ho-Young, formerly with Jungsik
8. Russia: Sergey Berezutskiy, As Eat Is
9. United Arab Emirates: Christopher Graham, Atlantis the Palm
10. USA: Tim Maslow, ribelle
The 2014 jurors were as follows:
1. Chef Gastón Acurio, Astrid y Gastón
2. Chef Davide Scabin, Combal.Zero
3. Chef Andreas Caminada, Schloss Schauenstein
4. Chef Umberto Bombana, 8½ Otto e Mezzo
5. Chef Ivan Li, Family Li Imperial Cuisine
6. Chef Paul Qui, qui
7. Chef Helena Rizzo, Maní
8. Francesca Barberini, Italian television personality and food writer
9. Charles Reed, Group Managing Director of The World’s 50 best academy
10. Giacomo Missoni, of the Missoni family
Besuchen Sie uns bei Facebook
Ein von HOTELIER TV - Carsten Hennig (@hoteliertv) gepostetes Video am